1. Signs such as those that state “Not Responsible for Your Car or Its Contents” carry no weight in court; they are posted simply to discourage people from pursuing any legal action”. Now that’s good to know especially if the organization that posted these signs has an unscrupulous employee that is looking to capitalize off of the general public’s ignorance of what is essentially a lame warning.
2.”Hysteria was a once-common medical diagnosis made when female patients complained of anxiety, insomnia, and a host of other symptoms. Remedies included the use of electric vibrators, or before they became available, vaginal massage (often by a male physician).”
3. Six legs and can’t walk? What God did they piss off? Though dragonflies possess 6 legs like any other insect, they cannot walk.
4. Contrary to popular belief, there are no wild tigers in Africa. So if you’re at one of these African Safari Theme Parks and you see anything remotely resembling or alluding to a Tiger, call em out! I’m not sure how the whole Tiger Africa thing got going and why people want so bad to make that work.
5.The Cockroach can live up to two weeks without a head because its “brain” (or control center) is spread throughout its body.
6. Always, always have a plan B! When business was slow in the early days of the Boeing Company, they had their woodworkers make furniture.
7. If your Champagne has bubbles (it should) you’ve got a dirty glass. The timing, size, and stream of bubbles in a glass of champagne are influenced by dirt and “gas pockets” on the side of the glass
8. And the black book says hell is hotter than this place. The highest temperature ever recorded on earth was a searing 136° F. The scorcher occurred in Al Aziziyah, Libya on September 13, 1922.
9. “I took two Aspirin for my headache!! How in the hell did I fail a piss test?” For years, the pharmaceutical company Bayer held the trademark for the word “heroin” and sold the drug as a cough and headache remedy.
10. The appendix gets a bad press. It is usually treated as a body part that lost its function millions of years ago. All it seems to do is occasionally get infected and cause appendicitis. Yet recently it has been discovered that the appendix is very useful to the bacteria that help your digestive system function. They use it to get respite from the strain of the frenzied activity of the gut, somewhere to breed and help keep the gut’s bacterial inhabitants topped up. So treat your appendix with respect.
11. If sci-fi movies were to be believed, terrible things would happen if your body were pushed from a spaceship without a suit. But it’s mostly fiction. There would be some discomfort as the air inside the body expanded, but nothing like the exploding body parts Hollywood loves. Although liquids do boil in a vacuum, your blood is kept under pressure by your circulatory system and would be just fine. And although space is very cold, you would not lose heat particularly quickly. As Thermos flasks demonstrate, a vacuum is a great insulator.
13. Facetious and abstemious are the only words that contain all the vowels in the correct order.
14. Yes Bread can be made from vaginal yeast.In 2o15 a blogger that hoesby the name of stavvers chronicled how she made sourdough bread substituting store bought yeast with yeast from her vagina.
15. In exiting this post, and about to spell check, I don’t feel so bad about the words spell check will underline in red because: 315 words in the 1996 Webster’s dictionary were misspelled.