This blogger gets the marriage challenges. The post is worth a read by those married and those planning to marry.
Couples that have been married for a few months can relate to the struggles that come along with ‘I do’. Of course, there is that honeymoon phase… but it can easily be short lived or even non-existent. Marriage is seen as such a difficult task that many couples have been together for years and chose to never get married. Why are marriages today portrayed in such a negative light?
- The divorce rates are extremely high and continue to be on the rise.
- The adoption of the no-fault laws in the late 1960’s. This allows divorce to happen for any reason.
- Gender equality movement: Although a positive movement, the marriage roles are severely affected by this.
- Attitude towards sex- most people do not feel the need to wait for marriage for sex which decreases the desire for marriages.
- Alternative lifestyles (living together, living alone or staying single)- some people are perfectly content with the idea…
View original post 105 more words